In maths we have been doing investigations. The first investigation we did was “How much water is in a carrot?” It was very fun. After we did this one which you can see my group and I’s work on the investigation. Next we are doing a paper plane investigation which will be very fun.
For the Smarties we wanted to work out how much of each colour was in a Smarties pack.
We wonder what colour happens the most in a smartie pack?
For our plan we will be investigating What colour happens the most in a Smartie Pack.
- We will pour the Smarties on the table and sort them into groups of each different colour without eating any! ( So that it does not ruin the Data.)
- Then we put the different colours into a tally chart. ( so that we remember the colours.)
- Then we will count each group of colour to see which group has the most Smarties of a certain colour.
- Then we put the number for each different colour into the tally chart. ( So that we see what colour has the most smarties.)
- Then we see which group has the most smarties.
Data / Chart:
Table of Smartie colours for our group.
Our most common colour are blue and green.
I notice that Green and Blue have the same Frequency with a total of 3 each.
I notice that yellow had the smallest amount of smarties with a total of 1.
I notice that Brown and Orange have the same total with 2 smarties each.
Data for the class.
Our Data Graph:
In conclusion every one of the smartie packs had a different amount of smarties and smartie colours inside which we would think that they would all have the same amount of smarties.
Also in conclusion the most amount of smarties we had was Green and Blue with 3 each, while the most common colour in the class is blue and purple with 19 each.