How are pens made and what companies make them?
3 companies that make pens are… Office Max, Sheaffer and Sharpie
They are either made by using Extrusion or Injection Moulding…
1) There are pellets -ppc- which are put into a large mixer
2) Then they are put into a large machine called the hopper and measured and weighed till their exact weight getting ready for their injection process.
3) After that they travel to a machine where they are melted down and put into their moulds, the process is repeated for the pen caps, clutches, and interior barrel.
4) The nibs -the metal part- is attached to the plastic barrel, the ink refill. Then the ink is attached into the cartridge through the tip and twisted!
5) Now the partly made pens are placed into a machine called Multi-Parameter Testing Machine, and they are tested to see if they work.
6) After moulding, Making and testing, all the parts are put together and inspected and if one isn’t made properly it put aside. Only the best pens can make it through.
And for a little decoration they add stamps to customise the pens…
And thats how pens are made.